* For any safeguarding queries or concerns, please contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0300 500 80 90.
Welcome to Sunnyside Spencer Academy!
Everything we do at Sunnyside is about providing our children with an excellent education and enriching experiences to promote a love of learning. Our aim for our school community is for all to grow and shine!
We think Sunnyside is a very special place to be because of our wonderful children. We strive to provide the very highest standards of education within a caring, exciting and stimulating environment. We want our children to be excited by the curriculum and challenged to achieve their full potential. We want our children to enjoy their learning and feel valued. By working closely with our parents and governors, we ensure that all our children have an excellent start to their educational journey.
Sunnyside is a community that:
- Is aspirational and successful in meeting high expectations.
- Promotes happiness through being kind, supportive and empathetic towards others.
- Together will achieve independent life long learners.
- Provides a nurturing environment which develops positive, tolerant, resilient citizens.
- Enriches the lives of all.
We hope that our website captures the spirit of Sunnyside and the rich and varied opportunities children receive at our school.
Parents/Carers are warmly welcomed to come in and help so please drop in and chat to a member of staff.
Shamara Sadler (Principal)
- Year 3 Henna Tattoos
- 7th January 2019
- 17th December 2018
- School Sports Club - Spring 2019
- Extended Schools 2018-19
- 10th December 2018
- Year 4 Sneaky Santa
- 3rd December 2018
- Year 5 & Year 6 Space Centre Trip
- PGL Trip - May 2019
- School Christmas Dinner | Christmas Menu
- Choir Trip to George Spencer Christmas Fair
- Year 1 & Year 2 Frozen Production
- EYFS Christmas Nativity
- 26th November 2018
- 19th November 2018
- 12th November 2018
- PGL 2019
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Drumming Lessons at Sunnyside
- EYFS Peter Pan Pantomime Trip
- Year 3 & 5 Swimming Lessons
- Swimming Survival Session
- 5th November 2018
- Children in Need Day Movie Night
- Fantastic Mr Fox WOW Meeting
- Catering Update - October 2018
- Half Term After-School Sports Clubs
- 22nd October 2018
- KS2 Holiday Club
- FS2 & KS1 Holiday Club
- Family Quiz Night
- 15th October 2018
- Chetwynd Home Visit
- Cross Country Competition
- Robin Hood & Snowdome Trips
- 8th October 2018
- Cooking Club
- Young Voices Choir Concert
- Looking for Football Players
- Alive 'N' Kicking - Healthy Lifestyle Programme
- Music Lessons
- Parent Governor Vacancy
- Badminton Competition
- Basketball Competition
- Bonfire Special - SAT Catering
- Extended Schools Clubs 2018-19
- After School Sports
- 1st October 2018
- Forest School for Acorns
- Forest School for Little Acorns
- Forest School for Cherry Tree
- Forest School for Cherry Blossom
- Pupil Learning Conferences
- Hagg Farm
- 24th September 2018
- 17th September 2018
- Music Lessons
- 10th September 2018
- Year 6 Safety Zone at Holme Pierrepont
- Year 6 Swimming
Universal Infant Free Meals
At Spencer Academies Catering, we believe that a nutritious hot meal at lunchtime is so much better value than a packed lunch, even more so when it is free!
We just want to take this opportunity to remind you that if you have a child in reception, year 1 or year 2, your child is entitled to enjoy a school meal for free every day.
The average saving per child is around £450 a school year. The other advantage is you will save on the time preparing the packed lunch.
Even if your child is entitled to a Universal Infant Free School Meal it is still important to confirm eligibility, this will ensure your school will be in a position to obtain further funding from central government to provide additional support to your child. This funding is also referred to as Pupil Premium. Please check with your school to see what is available to you.
We would love to hear from you and welcome all ideas and suggestions to ensure that we continue to provide the best possible service.
For more information on the Trust's commitment to providing locally grown, sustainable produce, please click here.
- EYFS Spring 2 Curriculum Map
- EYFS Spring 1 Curriculum Map
- EYFS Autumn 2 Curriculum Map
- EYFS Autumn 1 Curriculum Map
- EYFS Yearly Learning Journey
Year 1 & 2
- Year 1 & 2 Spring 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 1 & 2 Spring 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 1 & 2 Autumn 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 1 & 2 Autumn 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 1 & 2 Yearly Learning Jouney
Year 3 & 4
- Year 3 & 4 Spring 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 3 & 4 Spring 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 3 & 4 Autumn 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 3 & 4 Yearly Learning Journey
- Year 3 & 4 Autumn 1 Curriculum Map
Year 5 & 6
- Year 5 & 6 Spring 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 5 & 6 Spring 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 5 & 6 Autumn 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 5 & 6 Autumn 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 5 & 6 Yearly Learning Journey
- 22nd April 2019
- PGL Parent Meeting
- Steam Punk Day
- Digital Leaders Trip
- Healthy Tuck Shop
- 1st April 2019
- The Big Battery Hunt
- 25th March 2019
- Easter Parade
- Year 6 Easter School
- Summer Term After-School Clubs
- 18th March 2019
- Easter Holiday Club
- Music Movie Night
- 11th March 2019
- World Book Day 2019
- Red Nose Day 2019
- EYFS Trip to Thomas Land
- 4th March 2019
- Leavers Hoodies
- World Book Day 2019
- Year 6 Maths SATs Home Revision Schedule
- KS2 Maths SATs Resources
- Year 4 & 5 Notts County - 'Football in the Community'
- Shamara - Letter to Pupils
- Shamara - Letter to Parents
- 25th February 2019
- Year 5 & 6 Heart Dissection
- WE Day London Trip
- Spring Term After-School Clubs
- 11th February 2019
- 4th February 2019
- Year 3 & 5 Survival Swimming Lesson
- History Week
- 28th January 2019
- 21st January 2019
- Year 6 Pupil Learning Conferences
- Pupil Learning Conferences
- Year 5 & 6 Bikeability
- Young Voices in Birmingham
- Year 4 GSA Athletics Event
- Sports for Champions Event
- Year 2 KS2 SATs Meeting
- Cherry Tree Forest School
- Sycamore Forest School
- Year 5 & 6 Rolls Royce Trip
- 14th Jaunuary 2019
Whilst Sunnyside Spencer Academy do not make use of any cookie data, it is possible that some information may still be stored.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences or provide anonymised tracking data to applications such as Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others.
The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.